With summer quickly approaching, the last thing you’d think we’d be excited about is school. But when that school is Monsters University, there’s plenty to be happy about. We’re counting down the days ’til Pixar’s latest release hits the big screen on June 21, 2013. While we can’t wait to see Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan take on the world of college, it got us thinking about what other worlds they could wreak havoc on. Can you think of any? We want to see your Monsters Mash-Up. Find out how you can join in on the fun after the break!
Here’s what we’re looking for…
- Take any of the characters from the Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University world and mash them up with just about anything else you can think of. Maybe show Mike and Sulley in the Star Wars Universe or in a scene from Game of Thrones. Any subject matter, movie, TV show or environment will work. It can be as simple as a costume or as elaborate as mock movie poster. The possibilities are endless. All we ask is that you use at least one character from the Monsters, Inc./Monsters University world.
- You can create new monsters alongside the familiar ones.
- The Pixar Times is a family site, so keep that in mind when designing your piece. That Game of Thrones mash-up just got a bit more difficult, didn’t it?
- E-mail your piece, as soon as it is completed, to jerrod [at] jmaruyama [dot] com. We will be posting images all throughout the month of June. The last day to submit your art is June 17th.
- Send us a high-res jpeg of your artwork. Whether you work digitally or with traditional mediums, the only file types we will accept are jpegs.
- Please include your name and a link to your website in the email when submitting your artwork.
- Please refrain from posting the image to your personal site until AFTER we’ve had the chance to premiere the piece.
- We will accept multiple submissions from one artist but cannot guarantee that all images will be posted.
- Failure to comply with any of the parameters mentioned above can result in your art not being posted.
- We do not own your artwork once it is submitted. We are not asking for a transfer of rights. You maintain complete ownership.
- There is no payment of any type for the work submitted.
- We reserve the right to refuse posting anything we deem inappropriate or not within the spirit of this online exhibition/celebration.
Our call to artists have been extremely popular in the past and we hope to display all the art that’s submitted. If you have any questions, please Contact Us. We can’t wait to see what you come up with. This is a celebration of Pixar’s Monsters franchise, so have fun!