The world premiere of Brave, Pixar’s latest feature-length film, was held last night in Hollywood, California. Members of the Pixar production staff turned out to celebrate the imminent release of the film. The premiere was held at the Dolby Theatre, which had its grand re-opening, after the sound company took over the naming rights from Kodak. The Kodak Theatre name may sound familiar, as it has been the home for the Academy Awards. Take a look at photos from the animated film’s world premiere after the break!
The film was shown utilizing Dolby Atmos, the breakthrough sound format that promises to enhance the movie-going experience by surrounding viewers with up to 128 separate channels throughout a theater. Below the photos, find a complete list of all the theaters that have been upgraded with the new tech.
Getting back to the premiere, many Pixar employees hit the green carpet, including John Lasseter, director Mark Andrews, producer Katherine Sarafian, original film director Brenda Chapman, along with voice actors Kelly Macdonald, Craig Ferguson, and Kevin McKidd. Check out the gallery below:
It is a bit funny to see director Mark Andrews dressed up, as those who have seen him in photos and interviews know he is without a doubt the most energetic and wild-mannered of the Pixar directors (producer Katherine Sarafian made employees contribute to the film’s wrap party fund if they sweared during production and Andrews was by far the biggest donor). Looks like everyone at the premiere had a blast!
To experience Dolby Atmos, like the lucky bunch who were exposed to it at the Brave world premiere, you have a small pack of theaters that have had their systems updated in time for the film’s nationwide debut this weekend. Below is the admittedly short list:
• AMC BarryWoods 24 (Kansas City, MO)
• AMC Burbank 16 (Burbank, CA)
• AMC Century City 15 (Century City, CA)
• AMC Downtown Disney 24 (Lake Buena Vista, FL)
• AMC Garden State 16 (Paramus, NJ)
• AMC Van Ness 14 (San Francisco, CA)
• ArcLight Sherman Oaks (Sherman Oaks, CA)
• Brenden Theatres at the Palms (Las Vegas, NV)
• Century at Pacific Commons and XD (Fremont, CA)
• Cinemark West Plano and XD (West Plano, TX)
• SilverCity-Yonge Eglington Cinemas (Toronto, ON)
• Cinetopia Vancouver Mall 23 (Vancouver, WA)
• El Capitan Theatre (Hollywood, CA)
• Kerasotes ShowPlace ICON at Roosevelt Collection (Chicago, IL)
Brave is rolling into theaters this Friday!