Last year, we had a great time counting down to the Blu-ray and DVD release of Toy Story 3 on our PixArt page, as artists shared some fantastic artwork with us. Now, we are pleased to announce that we will be counting down to Cars 2‘s release on June 24. Who will be contributing art for the event? That is a great question! That is where we need your help. Read on for all the details on how you can contribute to this great countdown here.
We couldn’t be more rev’d up about Disney/Pixar’s CARS 2 coming to theaters this Summer! We’ll bet you’re pretty excited too and we want you to show us! We’re calling on all artists to contribute their very own CARS character. Sure, we all love Mater and Lightning McQueen, not to mention the countless new characters premiering in the sequel. But we want to see YOUR character. Send us your original CARS character – any style, any make, any model. Hand drawn, digital images, paper crafts, paintings – anything goes. Just make sure it is an original. Give it your best shot! The illustrator of the best piece will win a copy of The Art of Cars 2 HC!
The fine print…
- Create an original CARS character.
- Do not use existing CARS characters.
- Submit your finished art piece in jpeg format to THE PIXAR TIMES by May 31, 2011.
- Please do not publish your piece until we have had a chance to post the image.
- We will run the pieces on the blog during the month of June.
- Once your piece is posted on the blog you can post your image on your personal site.
- We will add the PIXART logo to the bottom of your image when posting.
- Keep it clean – let’s avoid any nudity, extreme violence or inappropriate language. Anything The Pixar Times deems unfit will not run.
If you have any questions, feel free to fill out the contact form below and we will get back to you! When ready, please submit your final piece to samad [at] pixartimes dot com. Be creative and most importantly, have fun!